December 5, 2010

A Christmas Story --- Shortarmguy's Diary Update for 12/5/2010

A Christmas Story
Shortarmguy's Diary Update for 12/5/2010

On Saturday we woke up to discover a whole bunch of new snow on the ground.  We were kind of hoping Mother Nature would forget about Minnesota this year, but it doesn't seem she did.  She's a Mean Old Lady!

Luke had to spend 24 hours wearing his Holter Heart Monitor this weekend.  He's been having to do this every 6 months so his cardiologist can get a reading on his heart activity.  There's a good chance that Luke will need to get a Pacemaker implanted some day, so Dr. Singh keeps a pretty close eye on his status.

Miss Sheri was very excited to learn that she had the ability to hack into his heart monitor and could gain control of him with the TV remote.  That pause button sure comes in handy when little Luke starts getting under our skin!

Later on Saturday, we connected with Grandma Linda and our old friends, The Zitzewitz Family, and headed to downtown Minneapolis to the Children's Theater.  We were excited to see A Christmas Story!!

My excitement turned into sheer terror when I discovered we were all sitting in the front row of the balcony and the only thing between us and the two story drop was a very, very low railing.  I felt like using a rope and tying all the children in their seats, but the other parents assured me they'd be OK.  Luckily they were right.

The play was phenomenal although it was just a bit too predictable for Miss Sheri and I.  We've seen the dang movie so many times, it kind of felt like we were watching a rerun!  But the actors were great, the scenery was impressive, and the dialog was well written.  If you're looking for something fun to do for Christmas, I'd highly recommend it!

After the play, we went to eat some Mexican food at Don Pablos.  If that doesn't get you in the mood for Christmas, then I don't know what does!

On Sunday, we woke up early to go work one of our shifts at the Boy Scout's Christmas tree lot.  In the four hours we were there, we sold more than $1400.00 worth of Christmas trees!  It ended up being a lot more work than I anticipated, but it was fun helping the scouts with their annual fundraiser.  Next year, I'm thinking of opening up a competing lot down the street because I had no idea how much money there was to be made selling Christmas trees!
The best part about working at the lot is that the parents get to sit inside the shack to collect the money while the boys stay outside and do all the work!  I need to figure out a system like this for home to pay our family's bills!  Then I'm retiring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment